Clean Silk FlowersSusan
Clean Silk Flowers
Clean silk flowers – silk flowers have become more and more popular in recent years for many reasons including the incredibly low amount of maintenance required. You can “grow” them beautifully even without a green thumb or knowledge in gardening. They won’t leave any rotting plant smell even after 10 years of use. If you get tired of their appearance after some period of time, you can disassemble the different arrangements you own and produce a whole new arrangement out of the same materials, making them new decorations out of the old ones.
If you are able to provide proper care to them, these decors may be used for an extended period of time. This type of decorations does not really require a lot in care and maintenance. But in every piece of home adornment we buy, we would want to maximize the use and benefit that we have paid for. Here are steps on how to care for silk grass and silk flowers which are simple enough and do not really need too much effort:
1. Regular dusting of your home decors are required and make sure to do this at least once a week in your entire home. Include your silk grass and flowers among those that you regularly clean every week. Use a small feather duster to loosen the dust.
2. After sometime, these ornaments may have some dust build-ups. For this case you can use regular home appliance dust cleaners like Pledge. After loosening the dust, as discussed above, just spray an ample amount on the grass and flowers.
3. Wipe off the sprayed liquid with the use of a soft cloth. Do not let the sprayed liquid stay too long on the materials. About 10-15 seconds is good enough.
4. If you want better results, you may also opt to buy cleaners made specifically for silk grass and flowers. You would only need to remove of the dust using a feather duster then spray on the cleaner. There is no need to wipe the decorations again with a soft cloth. A bit of a tip here though, some cleaning products for silk flowers and plants may leave some chemicals on the materials. This may cause discoloration and even early breakage and tear. As a precaution, when using these cleaning products, apply or use it first on a discretely hidden part of the ornament. Should there be discoloration, then discontinue the use.
5. Let the decorations air-dry completely. It is also best not to place them under direct sunlight as this may cause for the bright colors to fade away sooner than expected.
6. If there is a need to store or keep silk grass and flowers. Make sure to clean them first and dust off thoroughly. Place them on a box that is big enough so as not to fold and deform any parts. Store them in room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
Silk grass plants and silk flowers provide the same beauty and elegance as the real thing but at a much cost-effective way. If we can make them last then we can be sure we are maximizing our money’s worth.
How long do you intend to have the silk flowers at your home? Chances are months and some people want them to be around for years. Both are possible and yet not. You need to clean your silk flowers to maintain them, so they are at their splendorous best.
Else, they would not wilt and die like natural flowers but they will lose the grandeur. You would want to have the most aesthetically appealing quality silk flowers.
Fortunately, there are some very simple cleaning techniques that you can use without any professional expertise. Check out our step by step process of cleaning silk flowers.