Artificial Floral Arrangements for Homeadmin
Artificial Floral Arrangements for Home
Artificial floral arrangements for home are stunningly realistic these days and they have lots of advantages over their fresh cousins.
1. Price: Silks represent a significant cost savings over fresh flowers and come in a wide variety of types and colors. The cost savings from silks can help free up funds for other expenditures during an event and for the most part, people will not be able to tell whether or not the flowers are fake unless they examine them up close.
2. Durability: Without a doubt, silks really shine in this category. Particular useful in events where large orders are involved, silk flowers have a nearly infinite shelf life and as such will not wilt or discolor while each order is being process or the event is set up. In addition, they can be used on multiple occasions rather than being thrown away, thus increasing their economic value even further.
3. Create Similar Look: Huge strides have been made in the appearance of silk flowers over the years. Today, most silk flowers look strikingly similar to their natural counterparts and are often indistinguishable unless examined closely.
4. Allergies: Unlike natural flowers, these flowers can provide a beautiful look without the runny nose and itchy throat. Since they are completely hypoallergenic, silk flowers cause no irritation to those with allergies and are a great choice for home arrangements.
5. Low Maintenance: For people with busy schedules who want to brighten up their home, silk flowers are a fantastic option. Instead of worrying if your flowers have enough water and sunlight, silks only need an occasional dusting.
Today, silk flowers are available from most wholesale floral suppliers and are a beautiful, low cost, and low maintenance option for those wanting the beauty and color provided by flowers without the additional cost and maintenance. These flowers are great for any occasion, whether it be a wedding, baby shower, or simply redecorating a home. They offer many advantages over fresh flowers, including a much lower cost, nearly infinite shelf life, and extremely low maintenance. With that in mind, they should be carefully considered by anyone planning an event or decorating their home, as they have tremendous advantages over fresh flowers without many of the drawbacks.
Silk Flower Centerpieces
Silk flower centerpieces and other arrangements are beautiful works of art that need no water, and some people will say that even if your thumb is a color other than green you cannot kill them. This may be true, but if they are given no care they will eventually look anemic or sick.
The first easy step toward keeping artificial arrangements beautiful is to keep them in a good location, and almost any location is good. The areas that should be avoided include the cooking area of the kitchen and any place that receives direct sunlight. Sunlight tends to fade almost anything that receives prolonged exposure, and this includes silk flower centerpieces. The cooking area of the kitchen frequently has grease or cooking oil floating in the air. Both substances settle on everything and neither is good for artificial flowers.
The first step or rule, then, is to keep artificial flowers away from direct sunlight and cooking vapors, even those from Silky Flower Store. The exception to the rule comes when a person wants an arrangement in such a location anyway. The penalty for breaking the rule is not great. Instead of retaining their beauty for several years the arrangement may only last a year or two. Also, some people have used cooking vapors to their advantage when they felt that an arrangement had been around too long. It is not a quick strategy, but eventually it is effective.
The first step is a one-time event, but the second is ongoing. However, in most cases, this second step, keeping artificial flowers clean, is not difficult either. They need to be part of the owners regular dusting schedule, and in many cases this is all that is required. The use of something soft like a feather duster or Swiffer is required, due to the fragile nature of silk flowers. In some cases, like a vase of flowers in the cooking area of the kitchen, a special cleaner may be necessary. One product that is available for removing dust and grease is Silk’n Splendor, and its makers even advertise that it resists dust.
Friends may suggest the use of water or cornstarch to keep artificial flowers clean, but resist the temptation to abuse your flowers in this way. Simply dust them, but do it regularly and on at least a monthly basis.
Silk flower centerpieces and other arrangements are capable of providing beauty for many years.